Monday 16 February 2015

Less Ordinary

I am irritated by (mostly) politicians and (also) media-types referring to "ordinary people". I don't mind being a regular, normal, ordinary chap, but when they wield it, the phrase comes with the patronising implication that they are somehow better than ordinary. And as we have seen for a long time and especially in recent years,  politicians in particular and journalists in general tend to range from 'ordinary' downwards.
I would like to put a stop to the abuse of this phrase by those who should know better.
I might order some postcards to send to abusers.
I expect that this should be conducted through Twitter, but am not particularly skilled in that vice.
My most recent sighting was Mr. Balls on the Andrew Marr show, Sun 15 Feb 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment